How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29649
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my childs father had a negative income from his business,

Resolved Question:

If my childs father had a negative income from his business, how is child support calculated?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 8 years ago.

Child support generally doesn't depends on the current income and is determined by the court.

The court uses guidelines in determination of child support. While the judge is to determine the exact amount - you may estimate obligations using this calculator -


If your child father's financial situation changed - that is his responsibility to file a petition to modify his child support obligations.

He would need to provide his tax returns, business income statements, etc.


Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you