How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

need help getting my incometax records my tax lady is hiding

Resolved Question:

need help getting my incometax records my tax lady is hiding information about tax records from me
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 9 years ago.

Hello heart,


Could you please provide a little more information. Are you talking about your taxes for just this past year (2007)? Has that return been filed yet?


What type of info are you needing and did she give you a reason for not providing the information you asked for?

Expert:  Merlo replied 9 years ago.

Hello again heart,


I just now saw the additional information from your question. Sorry, it apparently did not come through right away.


Did you file a joint return with your husband? Did you sign that return?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I need tax records for the past 5 years when I ask about the 3 pages she keeps me from seeing she just says its nothing and throughs it in the trash. My husband has ask her to keep this from me because he's hidding something. I know this because the tax ladys sister told me.
Expert:  Merlo replied 9 years ago.

Hello again heart,


If you and your husband filed a joint return then you are certainly entitled to see copies of those returns. However, it may be easier just to side step your tax lady and get the information you want directly from the IRS.


I am giving you a link below to Form 4506-T which is a request for a Transcript for a Return. This will not be an actual copy of your tax return, but it will give you all the line by line information that was reported on the return and any of the accompanying schedules. The form is free to file and you will generally receive the information within two weeks. Even if you filed a joint return, only one of the spouses needs to sign the form.


You may request as many as 4 years on the form. If you need more than 4 years, you should attach an additional Form 4506-T for the other years. Complete this form and send it to the IRS and you should have your information within two weeks.


If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.


Thank you.\


Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you