How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i disclose information disclosed on a foreign individual

Resolved Question:

how do i disclose information disclosed on a foreign individual tax return onto a us form 1040, and is the foreign tax return required to be attached to the 1040.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 9 years ago.



If you are trying to claim credit for taxes paid to a foreign country, you would fill out Form 1116. The information from that form then transfers over to the Form 1040. You do not need to attach a copy of your foreign tax return to the form 1040.


I am giving you a link below to the form you need to file.


If this has been helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.


Thank you.


Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you