How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For 2006, I filed federal tax returns, but failed to file for

Customer Question

For 2006, I filed federal tax returns, but failed to file for MO and CA (I relocated to CA in June of '06). How do I file partial state returns for both states? Is it possible to efile? Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 8 years ago.



You will file as a part year resident in both states. You report income earned while a resident of a state as taxable to that state.


The final date allowed to electronically file 2006 returns was October 15, 2007.


I have provided links to the 2006 forms needed.