How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I run Adult Foster Care home, in my own house, in Portland, ...

This answer was rated:

I run Adult Foster Care home, in my own house, in Portland, Oregon. I have two patients who are not my relatives. The State of Oregon pays me to take care of them. The "Provider Summary" has "Room/Board: $483.00; Service $1,443.00" in the financial statements for these patients. In addition, my own 92 year old mother lives in one of my rooms. She receives her assistance check from State of Oregon, and her financial statements also have "Room/Board: $483.00; Service $1,443.00" QUESTION: what is considered TAXABLE INCOME in case of two non-relative patients? What is considered Taxable Income in case of patient who is my RELATIVE (my mother)?
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. Amount received is not taxable if payment received from a state, political subdivision or qualified foster care placement agency for providing foster care in the taxpayer's home if no more than five individuals age 19 or older are cared for.
Marvin,EA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you