How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Who or why is inquiring about my checking/savings.

This answer was rated:

I am applying for mortgage to purchase my dads house. The bank wants details as to my checking/savings transactions because there are many because I sold my house 6/27 and sold all applicances/furniture/arcade games due to i downsized. The IRS just contacted me about a 1099 in 2006 i didnt know about and i paid the 908 taxes.Should I contact my CPA ?? and is it the IRS looking into my deposites?
I do need to get with my CPA and find out about 2007 1099 i didnt get either of about 3000.00 in income.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. You should had contact your CPA about the 1099 for 2006 because your CPA could have file a amended tax return and maybe had the $908 reduced. The IRS cannot look into you banking accounts unless they file a Federal Tax Lien against you for back tax due. You should talk with you CPA about the $3,000 you received in 2007. You CPA can file a amended tax return and add the $3,000 to your 2007 tax return.
Marvin,EA and 5 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you