How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cassandra Your Own Question
Cassandra, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 306
Experience:  8yrs experience in taxation for individuals. CTEC Registered and an Authorized E-filer with the IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Cassandra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I never received a 1099 but the IRS contacted me that I owe ...

Resolved Question:

I never received a 1099 but the IRS contacted me that I owe for 2006 908 dollars. should i contact them about 2007 which i never rcvd an 1099 for that year either.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Cassandra replied 9 years ago.
HelloCustomerand welcome to just answer.

Yes, you should contact the IRS about 2007 and about 2006. I will send you information on acquiring your transcripts from the IRS. This transcript is free and it will have all income, interest, and etc listed.

As far as 1099's are concerned it is our responsibility to make sure we receive it and claim it on our taxes. Many times, we will move or have a change of address which will stop us from actually receiving the 1099. The IRS will still get their copy and we must be aware of of the earnings we made and report them.

You may want to consider sending in an amended 2006 return for the business income you received, as you may have some expenses to lower your tax liability.

You can obtain a transcript by calling (800)–829–1040 or by completing and mailing Form 4506-T (PDF), Request for Transcript of Tax Return, to the address listed in the instructions to request all types of transcript verification of non-filing, and wage/income information.

Link to 4506-T
Cassandra and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you