How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks Your Own Que...
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks, Master Tax Advisor, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1257
Experience:  I am a Master Tax Advisor and Enrolled Agent. I have 40 years experience. Trucking specialist.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is a full time student I know i can file jointly ...

Customer Question

My wife is a full time student I know i can file jointly and claim her as a Dependant with her being a full time student will I get more money back in taxes? Also I have filed 0 exemptions
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks replied 8 years ago.
You will claim your wife as your spouse(in the heading of the return) rather than as a dependent even if she has no income of her own.

There will be no effect on your tax return because she is a full time student unless you will be claiming dependent care credit (for dependent care while you work and she attends school). Her tuition, books and related fees may also be an adjustment OR a credit on your return as well.