How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29569
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made about 7,000 last year. This is less than the amount ...

Resolved Question:

I made about 7,000 last year. This is less than the amount that makes it necessary to file a tax return. However, I would like to get my refund and stimulas, but I don''t know if I can still file this late/if any extra form is required (I used a 1040ez).
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 8 years ago.

Absolutely - you may file any time!

If you do not owe any taxes - there is no late filing penalty and you may file any time and get your refund. You generally have three years after the return was due to claim a refund.

The sooner you file the sooner you can receive your stimulus payment. If you have obtained a valid six-month extension to file or if you are filing to establish your eligibility for the stimulus payment, filing by Oct. 15, 2008 means the IRS can process your return and issue a stimulus payment before the end of the year.

Lev and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you