Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

HOW MUCH CAN A PERSON EARN BEFORE A 1099 IS REQUIRED?

Customer Question
HOW MUCH CAN A PERSON...
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
7/21/2008
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 9 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

HelloCustomer

Anyone who pays you $600 or more in one calendar year for your services is required by the IRS to provide you with a 1099 form reporting the total amount of your miscellaneous income. If the amount you earned from any one particular company is less than $600, that company is not required to send you a 1099 form, however, you are still responsible for reporting that income, whether it was reported on a 1099 form or not. The only difference is that the IRS will not have any report of the money you were paid if the amount was under $600.

If this answer was helpful, please press the Accept key. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant