Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What is the irs code 1121 and what does it mean

what is the irs code 1121 and what does it mean
7/11/2008
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

HelloCustomer

1121 meens that your tax return is being reviewed and/or being audited on the first level . The IRS is reviewing your tax return info for accuracy. Once they complete their review, they will either release any refund that you have coming or you will be notified that they are taking the audit to the next level based on their initial findings. Usually these are just returns picked at random for review, and only a small percentage ever end up going any further than the initial review for accuracy.

If this has been helpful please press the Accept key. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant