How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

rental burn total loss how do i handle it on my tax return

Customer Question

rental house burn total loss in the process of doing repair to it when it burn.bought it for 20,000 put 20,000 in repairs.own it for 1 year no loan on property
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. Do you own more than one rental home? Have you filed a Sch. E with the IRS for any deductions for the home that was burn down in 2007?