How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband owes backtaxes in 2003 about $6400 and it is ...

Resolved Question:

my husband owes backtaxes in 2003 about $6400 and it is on his credit report. We want to purchase a house but need to solve this problem before getting a mortgage loan. I tried the IRS website and numbers and I read something about requesting for settlement of payment by filing form 8821? what do you suggest?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 9 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. The IRS has filed a Federal Tax Lien against your husband for nonpayment of back taxes. The best way to get the lien release is to enter into a installment agreement to satisfy the liability and file a application for withdrawal of the federal tax lien. You will file forms 9465, Installment Agreement Request, ( ) and 12277, Application for Withdrawal of Filed Form 668(Y), Notice of Federal Tax Lien, (
Marvin,EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you