How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My company which is incorporated in Missouri has hired ...

Resolved Question:

My company which is incorporated in Missouri has hired consultants in Texas and Alabama to work out of their homes in those states for 3 months and then wrk in Iraq for 2 1/2 months then return to to their homes and be laid off two weeks later. Do these employees need to fill out tax forms for the State of Missouri if they are residents of another state during this time?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 9 years ago.


No, they will not have to file MO tax returns. Their source of income is in their own resident states, irrespective of where the paycheck comes from. The work they are doing is being done in TX and AL, so their income is considered as being dervied from TX and AL.

If this has been helpful, kindly press the "Accept" key. Positive feedback is also greatly appreciated.


Merlo and 5 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you