How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Johnson Your Own Question
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Ed Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I obtain a LTR 147C, I looked on the IRS ...

Customer Question

How do I obtain a LTR 147C, I looked on the IRS business wedsite but could not find anything. tax ID XXXXXXXXX
Advanced Rehabilitation PC
PO Box 203968
Austin, TX 78720
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 9 years ago.
  • You must write to the service center where you file your tax return, Attn: Entity Section, and ask for IRS letter 147C, "EIN Previously Assigned" . If you have it, yiou must enlcose a copy of the Second "B" Notice with your request. If you do not have a "B" notice, then enclude a cover letter stating the circumstances.


    BWH regulations require that a payee request letter 147C in writing. Acceptable written requests may be received by IRS personnel via United States Postal Service or by fax.