How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3153
Experience:  EA, CEBS - 35 years experience providing financial advice
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we are asking about the stimulus check

Customer Question

We owed money in 2007 and filed and paid it beore 4/15. My husband is contract labor and we pay quarterly taxes on his earnings. Aren''t we supposed to get a stimulus check also?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Bill replied 9 years ago.

If your husband earned at least $3,000 from working then you should be eligible for a payment. The payments are being sent out based on the last 2 digits of the taxpayer's social security number. Checks began to be sent out May 16th and will continue through July 11th according to social security number range. The IRS links below provide the payment schedule, an online calculator, and status of payment.,,id=180250,00.html




Bill and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
his last 2 digits are 14 which should have been mailed 5/23 according to internet schedule. Is the fact that we are paying estimated quarterly taxes a problem?
Thank yo for the above answer
Expert:  Bill replied 9 years ago.

Paying estimated taxes will not affect the payment. If you enter certain information in the link below you can check the status of the payment.


Related Tax Questions