How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cassandra Your Own Question
Cassandra, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 306
Experience:  8yrs experience in taxation for individuals. CTEC Registered and an Authorized E-filer with the IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Cassandra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good day

Resolved Question:

Good day

Im starting an online bussiness In Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania selling T- shirts and other items on my own website and some on Ebay and other online auctions sites

I have a federal EIN

Im the sole owner no employies typicaly I Dont sell in pa but Just in case should I get state tax id ?

What other permits are required would Dba, sellers permit and bussinees lincense

be enough also is it required to run any adds

Could you advise me on which forms are needed

best regards,
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Cassandra replied 9 years ago.
HelloCustomerand welcome to just answer

As for the DBA this is only needed if you want to run your business under another name then your personal name. You do need to run an ad in a local paper three times before you can apply for the DBA. This is to inform the public of your intention of using a DBA and in case someone beleives they own the name.

A sellers permit is a good idea in your case, especially if you will be buying T-shirts and other items you plan to sell. With a sellers permit you can buy wholesale and not pay sales tax.

State Business license is required for any type of business. So I would put this one on your priority list. The business license depends on the county you will be conducting your business in. For a list of counties in your state and to find the correct form and filing fees please check out this site
Cassandra and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you