Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If I claim 0 how much is taken out of my taxes?

If I live in Plymouth...

If I live in Plymouth, Massachusetts what percentage of my federal and state taxes is taken out if my gross income is $75,000?

5/18/2008
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer

Thank you for using JustAnswer. The only percent that is constant is social security at 6.2% and Medicare at 1.45%. What your employer withholds for Federal and state is a product of frequency of pay (weekly, biweekly, etc) and how you fill out your W4.

For Example:

$75000 annual salary paid bi weekly and you filled out your W4 form to claim Single/0, then your paycheck would be calculated as follows:

<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2">

Your Pay Check Results

Bi-weekly Gross Pay

$2,884.62

Federal Withholding

$560.54

Social Security

$178.85

Medicare

$41.83

Massachusetts

$141.19

Net Pay

$1,962.21

If you filled out your W4 and claimed Married/0, your paycheck would look like this:

Your Pay Check Results

Bi-weekly Gross Pay

$2,884.62

Federal Withholding

$367.60

Social Security

$178.85

Medicare

$41.83

Massachusetts

$141.19

Net Pay

$2,155.15

The more allowances you claim on your W4 form (Single/0, Single/1, Single/2, etc) the more mouths you tell the IRS you need to feed, so IRS withholds less from each check.

Here is a website that allows you to look at different scenarios such as single/0, married/0, etc and its a website I use quite a bit for just that purpose:

Free Salary Paycheck Calculator - Calculate Your Paychecks Online

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

I hope this helps you.

Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer

Okay, I’m a veterinarian and I’m single, no allowances and I’m paid monthly. Does that help?

Here is your information based on single/0

Salary Paycheck Calculator

Your Pay Check Results

Monthly Gross Pay

$6,250.00

Federal Withholding

$1,214.50

Social Security

$387.50

Medicare

$90.63

Massachusetts

$305.91

Net Pay

$4,251.46

I hope this helps.

Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer