How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just oppened a buesiness Contracting with anouther ...

Resolved Question:

I just oppened a buesiness Contracting with anouther company. Iam required to nshow proof of quarterly tax payments. Presently Iam using my social securiry number and not a EIN. I do not employ any one, just myself. Do I need a EIN just to pay myellf?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 9 years ago.
Are you a sole proprietor or are you having a separate entity such as LLC?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Sole Proprietor
Expert:  RD replied 9 years ago.

If you are a sole proprietor and do not have any employees than you do not need to have an EIN#.

You can make quarterly estimated tax payment using your SS#.


RD and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you