Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

WHAT WOULD BE THE FEDERAL UNEMPLOYMENT TAX QUARTERLY TAX ...

WHAT WOULD BE THE FEDERAL...
WHAT WOULD BE THE FEDERAL UNEMPLOYMENT TAX QUARTERLY TAX RATE FOR THE CHART BELOW ASSUME THE EMPLOYER WOULD BE ALLOWED THE CREDIT FOR PENNSYLVANIA STATE CONTRIBUTIONS MADE BY THE DUE DATE. FOR THE FIRST QUARTER EMPLOYEE (A) MADE $4000.00, EMPLOYEE (B) MADE $3,000, EMPLOYEE (C) MADE $2,000 AND EMPLOYEE (D) MADE $1,OOO (WHAT WOULD THE FUTA RATE BE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER.   2ND QTR - EMPLOYEE (A) MADE $4,000, EMPLOYEE (B) MADE $3,000, EMPLOYEE (C) MADE $2,000 AND EMPLOYEE (D) MADE $1,000 -- WHAT WOULD THE FUTA RATE BE FOR THE 2ND QTR. DURING THE 3RD QTR EMPLOYEE (A) MADE $4,000, EMPLOYEE (B) MADE $3,000, EMPLOYEE (C) MADE $2,000 AND EMPLOYEE (D) MADE $1,000 - WHATE WOULD THE FUTA RATE BE FOR THE 3RD QTR? - 4TH QTR EMPLOYEE (A) MADE $4,000, EMPLOYEE (B) MADE $3,000 AND EMPLOYEE (C) MADE 2,000 AND EMPLOYEE (D) MADE $1,000 - WHAT WOULD THE FUTA TAX RATE BE?
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/4/2008
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

The federal unemployment tax(FUTA) rate will be 0.8% since they will be able to get credit for PA state contributions.

For 1st Qtr - FUTA tax is $10000*.8% = $80

For 2nd Qtr - FUTA tax is $9000*.8% = $72 ($3000(A)+$3000(B)+$2000(C)+$1000(D))

For 3rd Qtr - FUTA tax is $4000*.8% = $32 ($0(A)+$1000(B)+$2000(C)+$1000(D))

For 4thQtr - FUTA tax is $2000*.8% = $16 ($0(A)+$0(B)+$1000(C)+$1000(D))

RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)