How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a 2002 sea ray 240 sundancer boat which is registered ...

Resolved Question:

I own a 2002 sea ray 240 sundancer boat which is registered in Texas while it is sitting in a marina in spotsylvania va. I received a property tax bill for $600.00 out of the blue and live in Hinrico county. Can they do this?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 9 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. If you own assets in a state that have a personal property tax on assets, the state can charge a tax on the assets. Texas have a personal property tax. As long as the assets you own is registered in Texas the state can charge a personal property tax.
Marvin,EA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you