How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are the laws concerning personal vehicle for ...

Resolved Question:

What are the laws concerning personal vehicle for work, ie.. milage, where should the milage start adding up. At the office or where the job is.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 9 years ago.


Mileage between your home and your office (commuting miles) are not deductible. However, if you work at more than one location during the day, you can claim the miles for getting from one place to another. So if you go in to your office in the morning, and then go to 3 other locations during the day in the course of your job, you can deduct the mileage from your office to those 3 other locations.

If this has been helpful, please press the "accept" button. Positive feedback is also greatly appreciated. Thanks for the question and have a great day.

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
my question wasn't wether it was tav deductible or not. It was wether your employer has to reimburst you for milage on your personal vehicle if you are using your personal vehicle for work. in the state of connecticut.
Expert:  Merlo replied 9 years ago.


Sorry I misunderstood your question. No, your employer is not required to reimburse you for mileage for business use of your own vehicle. But if he does not, then you can claim those expenses as a deduction on your taxes. I hope this answers your question, but if not, let me know.