Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
9313471

I did my tax return online, while I was deployed in ...

I did my tax return online, while I was deployed in IRAQ. I just now saw that my youngest child, born March 2007 was not claimed on my electronic return filed in February. How do I make an adjustment to my return to claim and recieve his EIC?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 9 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. You can file a amended tax return for 2007 and add your child and receive the extra EIC.. The form to use is Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. You can get the form at www.irs.gov
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Marvin,EA's Post: is there a reason why he would have been bumbed from return while doing turbo tax? Or was it just an error that I didn't catch?
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 9 years ago.
It might had been a error on your part, or you did not fill out the information correctly when you file your income tax on turbo tax.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Marvin,EA's Post: this will effect my child tax credit as well correct?
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 9 years ago.
If the child is under 17 year old, your filing statues is single or head of household and you income is under $70,000 ($110,000 for married filing jointly) you may be able to receive $1,000 per child.