How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29654
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I write off expenses related to land only rentals

Resolved Question:

Can I write off expenses related to land only rentals? I own the land and allow others to use to live on
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 9 years ago.

As you have income from the rental activity - both income and expenses should be reported on the schedule E - - so - yes - you may deduct your qualified rental expenses.

Your net income/loss will be reported on the form 1040 line 17 -

Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you