Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

can a non profit(501c3) sell tv commercials to be played

Customer Question
during its tv show to...
can a non profit(501c3) sell tv commercials to be played during its tv show to pay for the airtime and still be considered non profit
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/2/2008
Tax Professional: Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer replied 9 years ago
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer

DearCustomer

A non-profit organization may in fact have retail sales on which it is able to generagte revenues.

The difference is: if the tv advertisign is related to your mission (artitcles of incorporation and purpose), then you would not pay taxes on it (if you are tax exempt), and if it is not related to your mission, then you pay taxes on it like anyone else.

Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer