How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iv recently moved to NZ my accountant has landed me with a ...

This answer was rated:

Iv recently moved to NZ my accountant has landed me with a £28000.00 tax bill payable now, i cant pay it what are my options? If I dont pay it now I live abroad what can they do

If you have moved to another country, there would be very little they could do as far as collecting any money you owe at this time. However, if the time ever comes that you would return to the country where the tax money is owed, you would probably face immediate levies on any wages or assets that you would acquire. If you think that is a possibility, you might want to try and work out a payment plan with them at this time, that way if you did move back you would already be locked in to some type of payment plan and not have to worry about levies being bade against your wages or assets.

If you found this answer helpful, please press the "ACCEPT" button. Thanks for the question and let us know if you need further help.

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you