How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark D Your Own Question
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1304
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark D is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does a C Corp report rental activity expenses

Resolved Question:

I own a C Corp, which has a rental property. It is closely held, and I believe subject to passive activity restrictions. Question is, where do I report the income vs. the expenses, in order to properly not deduct more than the rental income amount (my expenses exceed my revenue).
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark D replied 9 years ago.

Is this the corporation's primary business? If so, this would be a nonpassive activity. If not, since it is a closely held corporation, you will need to file Form 8810 (Corporate Passive Activity Loss and Credit Limitations) to determine your allowed loss.


Mark D

Mark D and 5 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you