How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jim Revels Your Own Question
Jim Revels
Jim Revels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 210
Experience:  Providing income tax / planning services for over 16 years on all entity and individual tax issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jim Revels is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have medical bill of $25,000.00 for the year of 2007 ...

Resolved Question:

If I have medical bill of $25,000.00 for the year of 2007 must I take the deduction all a once or can I carry over some of it into 2008?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jim Revels replied 9 years ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. You are deemed to be a cash basis taxpayer. Therefore you medical deductions should corrispond to the year in which you actually made the payment. Accordingly, if you made the payments in 2007 then you must take the deduction in 2007.


Kindest regards,

Jim Revels and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you