How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Seizure for Taxes

Customer Question

Husband has a business for 20 years. County of San Bernardino states husband started another business in 2005, which he didn't & now is issuing Liens for a non-existent business. To make a long story short we never received any paperwork from the County of San Bernardino in regards XXXXX XXXXX so called 2nd business & on 3/28/08, the County of San Bernardino seized my personal checking account. Now they want us to pay on a non-existent business & they state husband never paid Unsecured Property Taxes from 2005-2008. Husband just sent in form to County listing all equipment used in the business & the cost of equipment, so County can send husband a Secured Property Tax Bill.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 9 years ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using just Answers. I understand your situation, you have done a good job of laying it out. Exactly how can i help you?


Was your husband self employed other than having a formal business in 2005?

did the state indicate how they thougth he had a business?


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Other situation has been resolved, we went to the County, filed paperwork that stated the business never existed, but the County stated since we didn't pay the tax's for the original business, they would apply the funds to that business. Thank you.