How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3153
Experience:  EA, CEBS - 35 years experience providing financial advice
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What Federal Income Tax Form can I use to increase the ...

Customer Question

What Federal Income Tax Form can I use to increase the amount of FITW to be deducted from my monthly retirement pay? I retired in October, 1982, and
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Bill replied 9 years ago.

Generally, Form W-4P is completed and submitted to the plan. However, the plan may have a customized form that they require to be completed. You may want to contact them directly to confirm their procedures. The IRS form is in the link below:


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Would this tax form also apply to the State of Utah?
Expert:  Bill replied 9 years ago.

No, this form would only change the federal withholding.