Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I live in Ct. and recently got a property tax bill from the ...

Customer Question
I live in Ct. and...
I live in Ct. and recently got a property tax bill from the town of New Milford which I have not lived since 2004 on a vehicle which I traded in ,in 2005 and they say I owe close to $700.00 in taxes on. How am I going to fight this??? I have owned 2 vehicles since then and would not have been able to register either if I owed taxes on anything.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
4/1/2008
Tax Professional: Lou, Tax Preparer replied 9 years ago
Lou
Lou, Tax Preparer

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.

You will have to contact the Tax Assessor in the City of New Milford and tell them of the discrepancy. They will inform you of the steps necessary to resolve the matter.

Here is a link to that Office:

http://newmilford.qscend.com/content/57/89/95/default.aspx

The following link is to the section of the Connecticut Law that addresses "Certificates of Correction"

Section 12-57 Chapter 203 Personal Property Tax Assessment

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/pub/Chap203.htm#Sec12-57.htm

If you have any further questions on this matter please get back to me.

Did you receive my answer?
Lou
Lou
Lou, Tax Preparer