Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My husband took out $5000 dollars from his IRA account last ...

Customer Question
My husband took out $5000...
My husband took out $5000 dollars from his IRA account last year and at that time he had them to deduct the 10% amount on it($500). I would like to know if I need to find out form 5329 or can I just file my 1040 and include the $5000 as income and they will see from the 1099-r that the 10% was deducted off the top.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
4/1/2008
Tax Professional: Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent replied 9 years ago
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. Yes, fill out Form 5329, line 1 to 4. Include the amount on line 4 ($500) on Form 1040 line 60. Include the $5000 as income on line 15a and 15b. Also, look at Instructions for Form 5329 to see if any of the exceptions apply.
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent