How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rameshbabu Your Own Question
Rameshbabu, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 217
Experience:  Bachelor Degree in commerce.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Rameshbabu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

DE LLC makes a film in NY in 2004.

Then does no work in NY.

In 2007, film collects 500k and distributes it to I have to file a state tax return for the LLC which is a partnership.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Rameshbabu replied 9 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Please explain your position further.

Do you want to file return for the year 2007-08.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Expert:  Rameshbabu replied 9 years ago.



To my knowledge you have to report the income details to the income tax department by way of filing state tax return. Because the income is made and the profit is distributed to the partners. Any income or profit is subject to taxation as per the partnership act. You have to file the return in the name of the LLC as per the New York state partnership Law. The tax assessment should be done by a Certified Public Accountant, who is the competent authority to make the assessment as per law.

I strongly recommend you to consult a Certified Public Accountant regarding this matter. I am giving the information about a CPA firm in New York City which specialises in partnership taxation. Please consult them. They will guide you in all aspects regarding taxation. Please visit the following link for more details. ( please click on this link and read it completely)

Please call on this number (NNN) NNN-NNNNor(NNN) NNN-NNNN ASK FOR DAVID

Please call on the above number and explain your situation. They will guide you properly regarding taxation.

I hope this helps. If you are happy wth my answer please click on Accept button and any bonus is appreciated.

Thank you and Good luck.