How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a mentally handicapped daughter who receives a ...

Resolved Question:

I have a mentally handicapped daughter who receives a monthly Social Security check. If I apply a part of those funds to pay her housing costs, how do I report that as part of my personal income?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 9 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. You do not report any of her Social Security Payment to you. The funds are nontaxable to you. The funds might be taxable to your daughter if she have other taxable income. If her only income is Social Security, you can claim her as a dependent on your tax return.
Marvin,EA and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you