Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Does have inheritance and gift taxes

Customer Question
Does Virginia have inheritance and...
Does Virginia have inheritance and gift taxes
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
3/28/2008
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 9 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Virginia does not have an inheritance tax. It has even repealed the estate tax for death after July 1, 2007

See link below

http://www.tax.virginia.gov/site.cfm?alias=Estate

Virginia state does not have gift tax too.

Let me know if you have any question.

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)