Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How can I retrieve my FedEx W-2 online?

Customer Question
How can I get my...

How can I get my W-2 form from FedEx?

Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
3/8/2008
Tax Professional: Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer replied 9 years ago
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer

Do you mean you were an employee of FedEx and need your W-2? Or do you mean your W-2 was mailed to you by Fed-Ex and you missed the delivery?

I was an employee.

If you have not received your W-2 by now, you have to go back to the Human Resources or pay roll department that served your work location, and ask copy. If they do not help you, then the IRS instructs that you contact the IRS to get assistance. The IRS will contact the employer and assist with getting a new copy of the W-2.

Your managers and supervisors at your FedEx location where you worked may not know that a copy may be provided so do not go to them.

When you contact the IRS, they may instruct you to use the following form so that you can meet your filing deadline.

DO NOT use this form unless instructed to do so by the IRS:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4852.pdf

Phone number is: 1-800-829-1040; select option 1 and option 5.

NOTE: if you are successful at getting FedEx to provide you a copy of your previously mailed W-2, they may charge you a small fee.

Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer