Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can a 100% shareholder of a Sub S corp charge for a ...

Customer Question
Can a 100% shareholder of...
Can a 100% shareholder of a Sub S corp charge for a pro-rata share of utilities for those provided through use of an "in home office" or are those charges deducted through the 1040 via Business Use of Home?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
3/3/2008
Tax Professional: Jim Revels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 9 years ago
Jim Revels
Jim Revels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Yes, it is appropriate to expense a proportionate share of expenses associated with your home on the Sub S return. Be careful not to take Landscape expenses, recently found that to be an audit trigger. You should not take these on your personal return.

Best regards,

Jim Revels
Jim Revels
Jim Revels