How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jon Andrews Your Own Question
Jon Andrews
Jon Andrews, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3118
Experience:  I deal with all levels of tax planning and controversy - from the ordinary to the complex.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jon Andrews is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I inherited $42,000 from my aunt in kentucky - what ...

Resolved Question:

I inherited $42,000 from my aunt in kentucky - what percentage of this amount do I have to claim on line 21 of form 1040
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jon Andrews replied 9 years ago.


If some part of that money came from an IRA or other pension account, it might be taxable. However, if it just came from her personal funds, no part is taxable.


Jon Andrews and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you