How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband owes back child support, will his exwife get my ...

Resolved Question:

My husband owes back child support, will his exwife get my tax rebate that the president is giving to everyone? We also have 4 children, will I lose that money as well? I work full time and bring home 75% of our household income, and even though she deserves to get my husbands rebate, I need mine just to keep my head above water due to my husbands bad money decisions. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 9 years ago.

The tax rebate has not been finalized yet. Y

If that happens, you will be able to claim relief under injured spouse rules should this happen.

Link to innocent spouse relief for your reference-


Let me know if you have any question.


Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.


RD and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you