How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

do i have to pay state tax in oklahoma if i work in alaska

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 9 years ago.

If you are a full year resident of Oklahoma, all taxable income is taxable in Oklahoma. If Alaska had an income tax on wages, you would have been allowed a credit on your OK return for Alaska taxes paid.
MequonCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I spent more than 9 months in alaska. I dont have an apartment or home just hotels. does that make a difference
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 9 years ago.
When were you in alaska? Did you live in OK before and after your AK time.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I work in alaska 6 to 7 weeks at a time and then fly home to oklahoma for never more than 3 weeks at the maximum im usually only there for 2 weeks before i head back to alaska. I pay my own airfare and most of my hotel. my company pays for fuel and vehicle and some lodging. The company I work for is based in alaska. I started working in alaska in october of 06
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 9 years ago.
Under the situation provided, you are an Oklamoma resident and must include all of your
AK income on your OK return.