Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Do i have to pay state tax in oklahoma if i work in alaska?

Customer Question
do i have to pay state tax in oklahoma if i work in alaska?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
2/2/2008
Tax Professional: MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 9 years ago
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
DearCustomer-

If you are a full year resident of Oklahoma, all taxable income is taxable in Oklahoma. If Alaska had an income tax on wages, you would have been allowed a credit on your OK return for Alaska taxes paid.
MequonCPA
I spent more than 9 months in alaska. I dont have an apartment or home just hotels. does that make a difference
When were you in alaska? Did you live in OK before and after your AK time.
I work in alaska 6 to 7 weeks at a time and then fly home to oklahoma for never more than 3 weeks at the maximum im usually only there for 2 weeks before i head back to alaska. I pay my own airfare and most of my hotel. my company pays for fuel and vehicle and some lodging. The company I work for is based in alaska. I started working in alaska in october of 06
Under the situation provided, you are an Oklamoma resident and must include all of your
AK income on your OK return.
MequonCPA
MequonCPA