How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a son in college on a student loan are we

Resolved Question:

We have a son in college on a student loan are we required to file deduction on interst paid although we are not repaying the loan till 2011.Thanks
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 9 years ago.

If you actually paid the student loan interest - you may deduct it.

The financial institution that holds your loan should issue you the form 1098e - - that provides you with exact amount of the student loan interest paid.

Lev and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you