How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guru_Guy Your Own Question
Guru_Guy, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  I am a lawyer who understands tax law and finance.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Guru_Guy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2007, the tax assessment on my home increased AND ...

Resolved Question:

In 2007, the tax assessment on my home increased AND the borough made it retroactive to 2006. So I paid property taxes in 2007 related to 2006. Should I include the amount as part of my total 2007 real estate taxes paid, or should I amend my 2006 return to include the additional payment? (I think I include it in 2007, since that''s when the cash actually moved, but I want to be sure.) Thank you.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Guru_Guy replied 9 years ago.

Even if the taxes related to 2006, if they were actually paid in 2007, you should report them as a deduction on your 2007 taxes.

I hope this helps!
Guru_Guy and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions