How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wendy Reed Your Own Question
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3346
Experience:  15+ years tax preparation and tax advice.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wendy Reed is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I live in Wisconsin and work in Illinois, do I get ...

Customer Question

If I live in Wisconsin and work in Illinois, do I get an opportunity to choose which state I pay income tax to?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Wendy Reed replied 9 years ago.

Illinois and Wisconsin have a reciprocal agreement for taxes. If you live in Wisconsin and work in IL, you do not have to pay IL taxes on your wages. HOwever, this income is taxable to Wisconsin.