Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I live in California. I just purchased a 22 year old boat ...

Customer Question
I live in California....
I live in California. I just purchased a 22 year old boat from Minnesota. Am I going to have to pay sales tax when I register it at DMV?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
1/3/2008
Tax Professional: Mic, Business Owner replied 9 years ago
Mic
Mic, Business Owner
HelloCustomer

Here is the form tha tyou will need to register a vehicle that has not been registered with the state of CA before.

They will require that you pay taxes to the state and it will be based on the amount that you paid...if you have proof that is what you paid, if you do not have proof then they can base it on what they find the find the value at per the bluebook.

I hope this helps!
Mic
Mic
Mic, Business Owner
Mic
Mic
Mic, Business Owner