How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mic Your Own Question
Mic, Business Owner
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 246
Experience:  Business owner, take care of all legal issues and tax work
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California. I just purchased a 22 year old boat ...

Resolved Question:

I live in California. I just purchased a 22 year old boat from Minnesota. Am I going to have to pay sales tax when I register it at DMV?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mic replied 9 years ago.

Here is the form tha tyou will need to register a vehicle that has not been registered with the state of CA before.

They will require that you pay taxes to the state and it will be based on the amount that you paid...if you have proof that is what you paid, if you do not have proof then they can base it on what they find the find the value at per the bluebook.

I hope this helps!
Mic and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you