How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what line do i put $30000 judgement lawsuit payment from my

Resolved Question:

I sued my last yrs employer jan 07- june 07 (i''m a teacher)for sexual discrimination and got a judgement paym for $30,000 where do i put it on the irs form?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 9 years ago.


You will report the judgement as other income on line 21 of your Form 1040. If you have legal fees that were not deducted from that amount, they are deductible on line 36 with a note to the IRS. See IRS Publication 525 (link below) page 29.


MequonCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you