How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne Your Own Question
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2429
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Anne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just wanted to know if I can claim the per diem ...

Resolved Question:

I just wanted to know if I can claim the per diem difference from the rate my employer uses to the rate GSA has listed on my taxes?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 9 years ago.


Thank you for using justanswer. As an employee you may file 2007 Form2106 Employee Business Expenses to claim the difference between what you were actually reimbursed and what is allowed by the government. In order for you to get a benefit from this form, you must be able to itemize deductions on your Federal 1040 Schedule A, and your unreimbursed portion of your business expenses must exceed 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income.

Please see the following for more indepth information

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">Tax Topics - Topic 514 Employee Business Expenses

I hope this helps

Positive feedback and bonuses are always appreciated


Anne and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you