How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David Schneider Your Own Question
David Schneider
David Schneider, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 116
Experience:  Enrolled Agency is issued by the Dept of Treasury to those who demonstrate knowledge of the tax code
Type Your Tax Question Here...
David Schneider is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I go exempt on my taxes for one month only

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  David Schneider replied 9 years ago.
You can change your withholding status as often as your employer will let you. I have a client who claims exempt for ten months and then has almost all his pay withheld for two. The IRS treats this as though it has been paid evenly throughout the year.