How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Johnson Your Own Question
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Ed Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i would like to file exempt on my payroll check for ...

Customer Question

i would like to file exempt on my payroll check for the next six months can this be done?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 10 years ago.

Dear syann,

You can but you may not be eligible.

The eligibility requirments for filing exempt are

1. That you received a total refund last year (2006) or had no tax libility at the end of the year, AND

2. You expect that this year you will also not have a tax liability or get a total refund.