RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
510454

NC capital gains tax rate for 2014.

What is the tax rate in NC term capital gains current tax year? Thank you

Is your question regarding the long term capital gains tax at federal level or at North Carolina State tax level?

What is your other total income?

Customer: replied 10 years ago.

Well actually both would be appreciated but my main concern is what I have heard concerning the NC long term Capital gains tax rate if I am not mistaken the federal is 15%.

The federal long term capital gain tax rate is up to a maximum of 15%. However, if you are in a lower tax bracket (meaning if your income is taxes in 10-15% tax bracket) than the long term capital gain tax rate is 5%.

North Carolina does not have a separate tax rate term capital gain tax. So, the tax rate will depend on your total taxable income including the long term capital gain. The tax rate could be anywhere between 6-8.25%. Here is a link reference-

http://www.dornc.com/taxes/individual/rates.html

Let me know if you have any more questions.