Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How to check the ITIN status?

The average wait time is 4-6 weeks to receive your letter of approval for her ITIN from IRS. Your return will be processed after that date.

You should call IRS at 1-  800-  829-  1040 to check on the status. Be prepared to wait on hold and to be transferred several times.

Read full interaction below »

I have submitted my wife’s ITIN application on 06-Apr-2007 along with the federal returns papers. After close to eight weeks I have not received my refund nor ITIN for my wife. How do I check the ITIN status?

6/6/2007
Tax Professional: Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks, Master Tax Advisor, Enrolled Agent replied 10 years ago
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks, Master Tax Advisor, Enrolled Agent

You should call IRS at 1- 800- 829- 1040 to check on the status. Be prepared to wait on hold and to be transferred several times.

Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks